Bunsen literally loses his head on picture day and Mikey has to help him find it before picture time.
- Jeremy Rowley as Bunsen
- Ben Giroux as Mikey Munroe
- Kari Wahlgren as Amanda Killman, Beverly
- Cristina Milizia as Darcy
- Jeff Bennett as Bob, Maitre D
- Phil LaMarr as Ken, Bus Passenger
- Butch Hartman as Photographer
- This episode marks the debut of Darcy and Beverly.
- Darcy sings for the first time in this episode.
- This episode reveals that when a beast's head doesn't get its body in the next 10 minutes, it grows a new evil head bent on destroying the world.
- Darcy plays her banjo three times in this episode:
- First, right before they start chasing after Bunsen's body.
- Second, after Bunsen says his body will sprout an evil head and destroy the world.
- Third, when the three of them ride the bus after Bunsen gets his head back on his body.
- The title refers to Bunsen's body and head being separated.
- Beauty and the Beast - The title of this episode is a reference to the 1991 feature film "Beauty and the Beast".
- Sunset Boulevard - The line that Amanda recites when her picture is about to be taken is a reference to the line from the 1950 American film noir “Sunset Boulevard”.
- When Amanda erroneously called the photographer "DeMille" by name when she said she is ready for her close-up, it is a reference to film director Cecil B. DeMille.